Fourth of July in Morgan Hill will go off with a bang and a pop this year with the annual two-day celebration hosted by non-profit Independence Day Celebrations Inc.
At the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center Amphitheater, 17000 Monterey Road, on July 3 the Patriotic Sing will happen at 6 pm. Later in the evening, at 7pm, the Family Music Festival will take place in downtown Morgan Hill at Third Street and Monterey Road.
The July 4 Independence Day holiday will kick off early in the morning with an 8am 5K Freedom Run, beginning at City Hall, 17575 Peak Ave. Later, the Fourth of July parade and the Car Cruise N’ Show will begin at 9:30am through downtown Morgan Hill. The route for the parade and cruise will be along Monterey Road, West Main Avenue, West Dunne Avenue and Peak Avenue.
To top off the holiday celebrations, the Morgan Hill fireworks show will take place at the city’s Outdoor Sports Center at 16500 Condit Road at 9:30pm. Live entertainment, games and concessions will begin at the same venue before fireworks at 5pm.
There will be several street closures throughout the two days. On July 3 starting at noon, Monterey Road between East Dunne and Main Avenue will be closed. There will also be partial closures on July 3 on the East and West side of Monterey Road. See the info box for the full list of street closures over the two days.
Holiday street closures
• Monterey Road between East Dunne and Main avenues. Begins at noon July 3, ends 3pm July 4.
• Depot Street between Dunne and Main avenues. July 4.
• Main Avenue from Monterey Road to Peak Avenue; Peak Avenue to West Dunne Avenue; West Dunne Avenue to Monterey Road; Del Monte to Ciolino Avenue. July 4 beginning 5am until parade is over.
• Del Monte between Maine Avenue and Third Street; Del Monte Avenue between Fifth Street and West Dunne Avenue. July 4.
• Northbound Condit Road between the Aquatics Center and Dunne Avenue July 4 3:30pm to 11:30pm.
• Condit Road between Dunne and Tennant avenues. July 4 from 9pm to 11:30pm.
• Condit Road between Diana and Tennant avenues. July 4 9pm till 11:30pm.
• Murphy Avenue between Barrett and San Pedro avenues. July 4 beginning at 6am.
• Murphy Avenue from Dunne to Tennant avenues. 9pm to 11:30pm July 4.