Check out the 1,001 reasons to visit the library this summer. The Summer Reading Program is still going strong – and there’s still time to sign up. It runs through Aug. 31. Stop by the information desk and enter to win a giftcard. Read at least five books (you choose) and turn in your reading log by Aug. 31 to be entered to win an eReader. Track your summer reading online at
sccl-src-adults.bibliocommons.com. The library is located at 660 West Main Ave. Hours: Tuesday 1 to 9 p.m. (lobby open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.); Wednesday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed Sundays, Mondays and major holidays
- 10:15 a.m. Saturday: Bilingual storytime in English and Spanish for the entire family. Storytimes feature books, songs, rhymes and fun! All ages welcome.
- 11 a.m. Saturday: Bring your sweet baby to the library for books, songs, rhymes and plenty of interactive fun.
- 2 p.m. Tuesday: Join us for the first of three craft programs for teens. This time it’s Franken Toys - take toys apart and use the pieces to create your own masterpieces.
- 7 p.m. Tuesday: Learn about the universe through amazing hands-on activities with astrophysicist Kevin Manning. A telescope is available afterward for night-sky viewing.
- 5:45 p.m. Thursday: Free Zumba classes. This is Latin-inspired, easy-to-follow, dance-fitness party exhilarates your senses and works all major muscle groups in high-energy cardio blast that leaves you invigorated.
- 11 a.m. Saturday, July 21: Celebrate the Morgan Hill Library’s 5th birthday all day including 1,2,3 sing with me! with MaryLee Sunseri. Sing along with fingerplays and wiggle tunes for babies and toddlers from the award-winning singer-songwriter MaryLee Sunseri.
or call (408) 779-3196.